Stolen vehicle recovery is on the rise for law enforcement
agencies using the MPH-900® Automatic Number Plate Recognition technology.
In April 2008 a police force specialist car crime unit trialed the
MPH-900® Automatic Number
Plate Reader. The ANPR system reads up to 1,500 plates per minute,
alerting police officers within milliseconds when it identifies a
read as a stolen vehicle.
The MPH-900® ANPR assists officers with crime prevention, detection
andreduction, and property recovery.
A U.S. trial ran from April to December 2008 and assisted
• Recovery of 78 stolen vehicles
• Twenty-three insurance companies recovering vehicles before claims
After the trial the MPH-900® was
purchased to continue the evaluation
• In the first five months in 2009, the MPH-900 read 405,295 number
• On average, the system read 81,059 plates per month
• Assisted in the recovery of 89 stolen vehicles
• Assisted 38 insurance companies by recovering vehicles before claims